Our Heritage

Charles E. Fisher and Byron "Twig" Sauls, who had been friends since law school, practiced in St. Petersburg for eight years before establishing the firm in 1936.  Each founding partner had interests in particular areas of the law and was dedicated to the belief that clients could best be served by a firm which allows lawyers with particular training and talents to effectively provide a wide variety of legal services.

As St. Petersburg and Pinellas County worked their way out of the Depression, Charles and Twig were active in the business community, in the formation of a savings and loan association and in the betterment of government -  Charles as a Republican and Twig as a Democrat.

Throughout the development of Fisher Sauls, there has been a desire to provide quality legal services in various parts of the community, and offices were opened in Seminole in 1963. As the St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay area has grown, so has Fisher & Sauls, both in numbers and in the variety of legal services rendered.  Throughout this growth, we have maintained the high quality standards established by our founding fathers.

Our firm has established its position through over seventy-five years of service to our clients and the community.  We look forward to continuing our leadership in these areas in the future.

Photo Source: Historic Postcard,  City of St. Petersburg